Definition of PURE:adj. Free of dirt, pollutants, infectious agents, or other unwanted elements. Definition of EMANCIPATION: noun. The act by which one who was not free or under the power and control of another, is set free.
We have missed you! We are so glad to be back. As you know, we are taking care of our mother and father. Our mother is 85 and our father is 93. They are both doing well.Thank you for all of your encouragement. We continue to use lavender oil and other essential oils to keep our father calm.
We have done a lot of research on coconut oil and it’s impact on those with dementia. We give our mother and father coconut oil everyday mixed in meals and it has helped them to be much more alert.
Coconut oil is the only oil that we use to cook with for the most part. We have found that coconut oil is so good for you in so many ways. It is good for your skin and hair and it helps to increase your metabolism and support weight loss. Based upon our research, other benefits of coconut oil are:
- Kills viruses that cause influenza.
- Kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease and cavities, pneumonia, and gonorrhea, and other diseases.
- Kills fungi and yeasts that cause candidiasis, ringworm, athlete’s foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections.
- Expels or kills tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites.
- Provides a nutritional source of quick energy.
- Boosts energy and endurance, enhancing physical and athletic performance.
- Improves digestion and absorption of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
- Improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose.
- Relieves stress on pancreas and enzyme systems of the body.
- Reduces symptoms associated with pancreatitis.
- Helps relieve symptoms and reduce health risks associated with diabetes.
- Reduces problems associated with malabsorption syndrome and cystic fibrosis.
- Improves calcium and magnesium absorption and supports the development of strong bones and teeth.
- Helps protect against osteoporosis.
- Helps relieve symptoms associated with gallbladder disease.
- Relieves symptoms associated with Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and stomach ulcers.
- Improves digestion and bowel function.
- Relieves pain and irritation caused by hemorrhoids.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Supports tissue healing and repair.
- Supports and aids immune system function.
- Helps protect the body from breast, colon, and other cancers.
- Is heart healthy; improves cholesterol ratio reducing risk of heart disease.
- Protects arteries from injury that causes atherosclerosis and thus protects against heart disease.
- Helps prevent periodontal disease and tooth decay.
- Functions as a protective antioxidant.
- Helps to protect the body from harmful free radicals that promote premature aging and degenerative disease.
- Does not deplete the body’s antioxidant reserves like other oils do.
- Improves utilization of essential fatty acids and protects them from oxidation.
Helps relieve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Relieves symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostate enlargement).
Reduces epileptic seizures.
- Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infections.
- Dissolves kidney stones.
- Helps prevent liver disease.
- Is lower in calories than all other fats.
- Supports thyroid function.
- Promotes loss of excess weight by increasing metabolic rate.
- Is utilized by the body to produce energy in preference to being stored as body fat like other dietary fats.
- Helps prevent obesity and overweight problems.
- Applied topically helps to form a chemical barrier on the skin to ward of infection.
- Reduces symptoms associated the psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis.
- Supports the natural chemical balance of the skin.
- Softens skin and helps relieve dryness and flaking.
- Prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots.
- Promotes healthy looking hair and complexion.
Provides protection from damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation from the sun.
- Helps control dandruff.
- Does not form harmful by-products when heated to normal cooking temperature like other vegetable oils do.
- Has no harmful or discomforting side effects.
- Is completely non-toxic to humans.
Other uses for Coconut Oil
- In cooking as a great oil with a high smoke point. Great for baking, stir-frys or as a dairy
- As a natural shave cream and after shave lotion
- When used consistently on skin it can help get rid of cellulite
- To season cast iron skillets
- It’s anti-inflammatory properties can help lessen arthritis
- Can reduce the itch of mosquito bites
- A small amount can be rubbed into real leather to soften and condition (shiny leather only… test a small area first)
- Can help speed weight loss when consumed daily
- A tablespoon melted into a cup of warm tea can help sooth a sore throat
- To help sooth the itch of chicken pox or poison ivy
- Some evidence shows that the beneficial fats in coconut oil can help with depression and anxiety
- On hands after doing dishes to avoid dry skin
- Mixed with catnip, rosemary, or mint essential oils as a natural bug repellent
- Many use it as an anti-aging facial moisturizer
- Can be used internally and externally to speed recovery from UTIs
- Can relieve the pain of hemorrhoids when used topically
- Can boost circulation and help those who often feel cold
- On cuticles to help nails grow
- Rub into elbows daily to help alleviate dry, flaky elbows
- Naturally clears up cold sores
While taking care of our parents, there are times when we are not planning our meals as we should and that has lead to a little less healthy eating and a slight weight gain. About 5 years ago, my sister and I lost over 120 pounds together using hcg weight loss drops and we have been able to maintain that weight loss for the most part. HCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin. HCG weight loss drops combined with a very low calorie diet of mostly lean protein, vegetables and fruit supports you in losing 1/2 -2 pounds daily. (Yes, I mean daily. That is not a mistake.) The hcg diet was created during the 1950’s by Dr. Simeons who worked with overweight patients.
We started using hcg again this month. This time, we would like to lose a few pounds. We will talk more about our hcg weight loss in our next post.
We would like to invite our St. Louis friends to our Health and Wellness-HCG drops weight loss support group meetup on February 6th, 2016. We will be meeting at Jamestown Bluffs Branch Library, 4153 N. Hwy 67,Florissant, MO 63034 at 10:30 a.m. to share recipes, tips, and inspiration. Please join us! We are on meetup – please visit us.
We have been using JustNatural soaps, anti-aging day and night creams and the Anti-aging Nutritive Serum. All of the products we tried are FABULOUS! The soaps smelled marvelous and helped to make our skin so clean, soft and fragrant. Our skin loved the anti-aging day and night creams and the anti-aging serum. We used the cream and serum on our face, neck and hands. We have very dry skin and the creams and serum made a significant difference in hydrating our skin which helped to make us appear younger looking. Her products definitely work and an added plus is that she only uses natural and organic ingredients, no chemicals. Please visit her site, JustNatural and try her products. You won’t be disappointed.
Add coconut oil to your smoothies for extra creaminess and super-nutrition. Enjoy!
Strawberry and Coconut Oil Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk (water works too)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 fresh or frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- A dash of high quality salt
- 1 serving of your favorite protein powder
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder or nibs
Place all the ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend for around 30-45 seconds or until nice and smooth. If you don’t have a very powerful blender and your coconut oil is in liquid form, you might want to blend everything except the coconut oil first, then drizzle it on and blend for another 5-10 seconds to avoid clumping.
Pure Emancipation grew out of our lifestyle changes and our goal to improve our overall health and well-being. We are now grain free, gluten free, and processed sugar free. We are happy to promote any products or brands that are aligned with our beliefs and can inspire others to join us on our journey. If you would like us try your products or brands, and/or advertise on our site, please contact us at : email@example.com We hope to hear from you soon!